LIMITED EDITION of just 100 prints.
TARKINE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
DATES: 6th to 10th November 2020
The wild West Coast of Tasmania is a stunning area to photograph and not well known to many. Virgin rainforest and rugged coastlines are a feature of this amazing landscape.
You'll spend 5 days exploring this area, including:
- Tarkine Rainforest
- Wild West Coast
- Pieman River cruise
- Arthur River
- Philosopher and Lovers Falls
Hi I'm Tom Putt and I'll be leading you on this fantastic West Coast Tarkine Photography Workshop. I just absolutely love the area. The colour, the vibe and the fantastic Far north draw me back time and time again.
A little bit more about me - I am passionate and wildly enthusiastic about photography, having spent the last 20 years exploring all parts of Australia to photograph landscapes.
I first fell in love with photography at age 13. I photographed wildlife, following my love for ornithology, before leaving university to pursue a career in sports photography. In 1998, I was fortunate enough to take the eye of Australia's leading sports photography agency, Sport the Library. From 1998 to 2001, I covered over 300 events across Australia and the world, including the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
But my passion has always been in landscape photography. My first shoot was walking the Overland Track in 1997. Since then, I have travelled extensively across Australia to capture the beauty of this great land.
I am a Master of Photography and have won over 100 Awards in both International and National Competitions. In 2014, I was awarded the International Landscape Photographer of the Year Runner-up.
The West Coast Tarkine Photography Workshop includes:
- 5 days/4 nights
- Corinna Wilderness Experience accommodation
- All gourmet meals
- Private, air-conditioned mini van to take you comfortably to all the photographic locations
- Transfers to/from Wynyard airport
- Private one-on-one tuition with me, Tom
- Group critique sessions that allow for maximum learning
- Photographic Notes
- National park fees and permits
Please make sure you:
Book your own flights to Arrive and Depart Wynyard, Tasmania. A private mini van collects you from the airport to your hotel at Corinna (2 hours away).
EXPERIENCE / DIFFICULTY
- Beginner, Amateur, Enthusiast, Semi-professional, Professional.
- Busy schedule - little down time - photography is our focus!
- Travel by mini van.
- 1 hotel across 4 nights.
All our workshops require a good sense of balance and a good level of fitness in order to fully enjoy all the experiences. We regularly walk to fantastic locations for up to an hour at any a time but in one day you could be walking up to 3 to 4 hours in total. This may require walking over uneven ground, rocky surfaces, soft sand, deep snow, up and down hills, rock hopping, hiking to lookouts, etc. Some walks are steep and strenuous, others are on uneven surfaces. To get the best photographs you will be carrying your own backpack with your camera gear, tripod, water and lunch. Whilst we do not look to exclude anyone, being fit is essential to participate fully in the workshop.
WEATHER / SUN
- Temperature 10 to 22C Sunrise 551am | Sunset 2019pm
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Full payment required upon booking to guarantee your place.
- Your artwork comes with special non-reflective ArtGlass which means that you can see the beautiful artwork, not the distracting reflection from normal glass.