SHARK BAY PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
20th to 23rd MAY 2019
ATTENTION ALL AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHER ENTHUSIASTS
Looking for the ULTIMATE photographic adventure! How does photographing aerials over some of the most spectacular coastal landscapes in Australia?
Shark Bay, Useless Loop, and the Carrarang Sand Dunes. WOWSERS!
Experience the wonder of Wester Australia in all its glory. Known as the capital of aerial photography in Australia, you’ll have 3 tailor-made flights in your own PRIVATELY CHARTERED aircraft with doors off for the ultimate photography experience.
All this under my expert guidance. I’ve spent over 10 hours flying over these area exclusively to shoot aerials so I know the best places to take you.
YOUR UNIQUE EXPERIENCE...
You'll see the BEST that Western Australia has to offer. You'll leave Perth fly REX to Monkey Mia, home of the famous dolphin encounter. You'll call Monkey Mia base for 3 nights as we explore the Shark Bay region where you'll have 3 amazing flights over some of the best aerial landscapes in Australia.
SHARK BAY PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP HIGHLIGHTS include:
- TWO spectacular scenic flights over Shark Bay with doors off at both sunrise and sunset.
- A stunning late afternoon flight over both the Useless Loop Saltworks and the Carrarang Sand Dunes.
Fly to Monkey Mia from Perth with REX airlines for our welcome dinner in Monkey Mia where we'll go over our plans for the workshop as we enjoy a drink and a lovely gourmet meal. Checking in to the luxurious Monkey Mia Resort, we'll be well positioned close to the airport for our next few days of flying. The Shark Bay region is aerial-rich with many outstanding landscapes - the bay itself, the rich-red desert sands that meet the water, the Useless Loop Saltworks and the Carrarang Sand Dunes.
Your first flight will be at sunrise to capture the gorgeous early morning sun on Big Logoon and the nearby coastal landscape of Cape Peron. Here the rich red desert sand meets the stunning turquoise blue water of Shark Bay.
During the day you'll have time to look over your many sensational photographs as Tom guides you through his workflow and super-efficient workflow techniques. He'll teach you how to get the very best from your photographs to make them look even more amazing!
In the afternoon we'll explore the western side of Shark Bay including the incredible saltworks at Useless Loop and the Carrarung sand dunes that glow in the late afternoon light.
You'll be up early for yet another flight, this time a sunrise shoot over eastern shores of Shark Bay. Here the shallow waters of the bay sparkle in the light and provide stunning landscapes for our images.
After this we'll have the rest of the day to relax and go through our photos again. For sunset, we'll head over to Denham to watch the sun go down with a glass of wine in hand.
We'll get up early to do the touristy thing and watch the Dolphins come in close to shore for a feed.
Sadly we'll be flying back to Perth today as our amazing adventure comes to an end. With our hard drives full, we'll have plenty of photos and memories to go home with.
The incredible Shark Bay Photography Workshop INCLUDES:
- 4 days/3 nights
- Staying at the RAC Monkey Mia resort - room to yourself
- All gourmet meals
- Private, air-conditioned 4WD to take you comfortably to all the photographic locations
- Transfers from Monkey Mia airport
- Private one-on-one tuition with me, Tom
- Group critique sessions that allow for maximum learning
- Photographic Notes
- National park fees and permits
Please make sure you:
- Book your own flights to Arrive and Depart Perth.
- A private 4WD collects you from the airport.
EXPERIENCE / DIFFICULTY
- Beginner, Amateur, Enthusiast, Semi-professional, Professional.
- Moderate schedule - some down time to relax and process images.
- Easy walking.
- Travel by 4WD.
- 1 hotels across 3 nights.
WEATHER / SUN
- MAY - Temperature 14 to 27C Sunrise 657am | Sunset 548pm
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Full payment required upon booking to guarantee your place.
Terms & Conditions - CLICK HERE.
Me, Tom Putt, award-winning Master landscape photographer - read his biography here.