10th to 19th November 2023
When it comes to Bucket List adventures, the Franklin River Rafting has to be easily in the top 5 world adventures to experience.
Rafting for 8 days down this completely untouched and wild river is an experience that you will never forget.
For 8 days we let the river take us, inhaling all of its incredible natural beauty it has to offer. And trust me... there is so much!
The Franklin River has been the centre of Australia wide publicity since the late 1970s and early 80s as the river was scheduled to be dammed. An action that was widely opposed, protested and rallied against. The Franklin River was saved in May 1983 after the High Court decided the dam would not be going ahead.
From this day onwards it has been and will continue to be a natural treasure of Australia and indeed the World, one that everyone should experience. As we meander along the mighty river we will photograph sites only this river can offer you. Giant ravines, amazing wildlife, untouched rainforests including the Huon Pine tree, brilliant colours of the river and rocks, ever changing geology and flora as we head down the river, and so much more. It really has so much to offer to any photographer wanting to capture unique and untouched beauty.
Capture photographs that so many will never get the privilege to capture themselves.
- Rock Island Bend (yes that famous Peter Dombrovskis photo!)
- The Lower Franklin and the Lost World (Limestone Cave)
- Huon Pine and other old growth trees
We will be joining forces with the wonderful guys at Franklin River Rafting who are the leaders in Franklin River Rafting Tours. They will be our guides for this incredible trip, while I guide along the way with all your photography needs.
ALL OF THIS IS INCLUDED
- Accommodation - Camping along the river is one of the most special features of this trip. Most nights camping under tarpaulins or if you prefer hiking tents can be provided.
- Transfers and transport to and from the Franklin River (ex Hobart)
- Tents, backpacks, sleeping mats, sleeping bags if required.
- Meals - Franklin River Rafting provide cooking all the way
- All park passes and associated costs
- All required rafting equipment and wetsuit, water gear
- Full comprehensive safety briefing
For more detail on this trip, including food, safety, rafting, etc... as we head down the river please visit https://www.franklinriverrafting.com/your-trip