Flinders Ranges Photography Workshop
DATES: 11th to 16th OCTOBER 2020
BEST PHOTOS: OUTBACK LANDSCAPES, AERIALS, WILDLIFE
The Flinders Ranges are one of the premier landscape photography locations for South Australian photographers. From the spectacular Wilpena Pound to the stunning River Red Gums that line the dry creek beds, the Flinders Ranges is amazing.
Your Flinders Ranges Photography Workshop is a 5 day experience where you'll be in the right place and the right time, with plenty of one-on-one tuition and critique session with your guide Tom Putt, Master of Photography.
FLINDERS RANGES PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP HIGHLIGHTS:
- The spectacular Wilpena Pound from the air
- The River Red Gums and dry creek beds
- Parachilna Gorge
- The famous Aussie Parachilna Pub
- Brachia Gorge
- Bunyaroo Valley
- Burra Homestead
- Yellow-footed Rock Wallabies
- Numerous ruins
- and windmills
Hi I'm Tom Putt and I'll be leading you on this fantastic Flinders Ranges Photo Workshop. This will be my second workshop to the ranges and I can't wait to go back. The spectacular mountains, the scenery and the fantastic river red gums are what I look forward to the most.
A little bit more about me - I am passionate and wildly enthusiastic about photography, having spent the last 20 years exploring all parts of Australia to photograph landscapes.
I first fell in love with photography at age 13. I photographed wildlife, following my love for ornithology, before leaving university to pursue a career in sports photography. In 1998, I was fortunate enough to take the eye of Australia's leading sports photography agency, Sport the Library. From 1998 to 2001, I covered over 300 events across Australia and the world, including the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
But my passion has always been in landscape photography. My first shoot was walking the Overland Track in 1997. Since then, I have travelled extensively across Australia to capture the beauty of this great land.
I am a Master of Photography and have won over 100 Awards in both International and National Competitions. In 2014, I was awarded the International Landscape Photographer of the Year Runner-up.
FLINDERS RANGES PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- Luxury accommodation (single or twin share) - relax at the end of each day in your own private suite
- Gorgeous catered meals accompanied with beer and wine – the only way to see this landscape!
- Private one-on-one tuition with Tom Putt, award-winning landscape photographer
- Group critique sessions that allow for maximum learning
- Tom’s photographic notes that allow you to learn his secrets
- Luxury, private, air-conditioned 4WD vehicle to take you comfortably to all the photographic locations
- This workshop is limited to just 8 participants only.
Please make sure you:
- Arrive and Depart Adelaide Airport, South Australia.
- A private 4WD collects you from the airport.
EXPERIENCE / DIFFICULTY
- Beginner, Amateur, Enthusiast, Semi-professional, Professional.
- Moderate schedule.
- Travel by mini bus.
- 3 hotels across 6 nights.
All our workshops require a good sense of balance and a good level of fitness in order to fully enjoy all the experiences. We regularly walk to fantastic locations for up to an hour at any a time but in one day you could be walking up to 3 to 4 hours in total. This may require walking over uneven ground, rocky surfaces, soft sand, deep snow, up and down hills, rock hopping, hiking to lookouts, etc. Some walks are steep and strenuous, others are on uneven surfaces. To get the best photographs you will be carrying your own backpack with your camera gear, tripod, water and lunch. Whilst we do not look to exclude anyone, being fit is essential to participate fully in the workshop.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Full payment required upon booking to guarantee your place.
Terms & Conditions - CLICK HERE.